[access-uk] Re: How to stop JAWS announcing merged cells in MS Excel

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:34:03 +0100

Well, at least I understand when to use, even if I can't quite visualise it.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:54 PM (UK time), Kevin Lloyd at kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol.

Most cases where I've seen merged cells is when inserting headings and
longer descriptive text.  If you can imagine that typing
"Household budget spreadsheet"
in a single cell it's either going to make that particular column in
the spreadsheet very wide or it's going to wrap and not look good. By merging 3 cells together the heading can sit nicely over the
content of the spreadsheet without affecting any of the columns below.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail: kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxx