[access-uk] Re: How to pass information about the state of a program at failure.

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:39:26 +0100

Notepad displaying pictures?  Surely not.  Wordpad can though.

Puzzled about this, but then not been following this thread really.

Cheers,
Ray.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [access-uk] Re: How to pass information about the state of a program at failure.

Hi, oh that's interesting! I never thought Notepad will allow us to paste pictures?

--
Chris Hallsworth
Please visit my blog at http://chrishallsworth.wordpress.com

You wrote:
Hi Chris,

Just tried Notepad under XP SP3 and it does work.

All the best

Steve

From: Chris <chris2007@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:33:13 -0230

Colin Howard wrote:
I then wanted to insert music to end the file, typed in wrong path,
corrected it, found the file but soon as I entered to open it, got the
floating point operation error...

Try using "Start | Programs | GoldWave | GoldWave Setup" and check the "Fix
damaged FPU state" box to see if that helps.

Another possibility is that the processor is overheating, but that would
only occur when saving MP3 (or other heavily encoded) files or when using
complex filters like Noise Reduction.  That could occur if the system fans
are not working correctly. Using a lower Priority setting while processing
would avoid that problem (or fixing and dusty fans/heat sinks would help
too).

My system is new, plenty of ventilation around the processor, can't believe it's overheating and, if so, why does the same problem not happen when using
v5.12?

Now, what I wanted to do is send Chris whatever settings / addresses /
pointers . . . may be set at the time the error occurs.

I took the following action hoping to find a way:

command

debug /?

(to get help with debug)

Discovered if typing:

debug

?

I could get list of debug commands, tried:

debug

?>c:\list.txt

did not work - hoped by using the pipe (>) command, would send content of ?
to a file.  Also tried ctrl-a then ctrl-c, would not work.

Any ideas how I can get the debug commands to be sent to a file, or how if
not that way, I can get a copy of the screen content into a readable form?

Does anybody know how I can get the content of the pc memory such that Chris
could look at a dump and see just what the settings / pointers / whatever
are?  Can such a thing be achieved under XP as could readily be so under
good old dos and, probably, Win9x?

Thanks for any suggestions.