[access-uk] Re: How to list in threads/conversations in Thunderbird?0

  • From: chris miles <grrenfly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:34:50 +0000

On 17/02/2014 14:17, John Wilson wrote:
Can any experienced Thunderbird user please advise me as to
how you can configure it to automatically place all
conversations on a given subject under the subject line in
threads to be able to delete them all simultaneously if you
are not interested in the topic and for efficiency of
listing?

I've looked through all of the menus and nothing jumps out
at me as being obviously where you do this.

Thanks.
John.

Hi,

I am using TB 24.3.0. My screen reader is NVDA.

This is what I do to get the threads of messages grouped together.

1. Go to the view menu
2. Arrow down to Sort by and press right arrow
3. Check the following items:-

Subject
Threaded
and sort by Group.

The only problem you sometimes find is that you have to reset these when an upgrade happens.

I also have the quick filter bar checked.

When you get a message you can either press F6 to open and read the message or go to the context menu and use open in a new window.

When there are several messages in thread you press right arrow and then use down arrow to open list of messages (expanded).

Similarly you press left arrow to come out of list (collapse).

If you wish to delete a thread, you press delete and you should get a message asking if you want to delete all of the messages in the thread; just press enter to confirm.

Hope this is of help?