[access-uk] Re: How to get file extensions automatically displayed?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:55:06 +0100

Hello Colin.

ah, i didn't think of that. its strange, in the past when i've enabled the option from a system folder for example local disk (C:), it seemed to apply it to all folders. thanks for the heads up regarding the apply to all folders option.

all the best,

Mo.

On 12/09/2014 10:36, Colin Howard wrote:
Greetings,

Mo, yes it is in control panel, but John wants to turn extensions on for
**all** files, I believe in XP, the way you have advised will do so for the
folder highlighted, I believe in the options somewhere there is a checkbox
advising apply these settings to all folders, when he chooses to show all
extensions (including hidden and system files) he needs also check this box,
then go to apply and finally ok.

I have just looked and the checkbox is in the view tab, it's explanation is
clear there.