[access-uk] Re: How to copy contacts from iCloud

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 15:17:19 +0100

Hi Ian

Thanks for all your suggestions. Someone on the BCAB list suggested the
Samsung SmartSwitch app. This does not unfortunately work on the Google
Nexus 6, so I searched for an alternative and decided I had nothing to lose
by downloading something and gambling on its accessibility. I chose
Contacts iCloud Sync. The annoying feature is that it contains adverts
which drive me crazy, but it brought up the two edit fields in which I typed
my Apple ID and password. I then went to the Google Contacts app, and low
and behold, there they were. Contacts iCloud Sync gives you the option of
transfer intervals, and I set it to the highest available which is
synchronisation every 24 hours as I think this is sufficient.

I am so chuffed that I don't have to type everything in manually.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx