[access-uk] Re: How to convert pdf files

  • From: Alasdair King <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:05:04 +0100

Accessible PDF is based on PDFTOHTML, which takes PDF files containing
text and converts them to HTML. It will not work on PDFs with
encryption/protection enabled, and it will not work on PDFs with
images of text not the text itself. For the latter you will need an
OCR program like Omnipage or Abbyy Fine Reader or Scan2Text.

WebbIE is a suite of program for various tasks, like a text-based web
browser, RSS news reader, radio player. It came up in this thread with
reference to Accessible PDF. This is available in the suite.

Alasdair

Alasdair King