[access-uk] How to Dispose of an Error Message

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:02:33 +0100

Hi List.

Yesterday I tried to install a 30 day trial of SpamNet, but after persistent
crashes, I gave up!

Now every time I start up the PC I get the following message:

C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Start-Up\Cloudmark SpamNet for OE.lnk
The Windows Installer failed to install the program associated with this
file. Please contact
your system administrator.
OK

I tried running MSConfig and no matter how many times I do this, unchecking
the relevant programme to prevent it trying to  load, the message appears
again and again. Each consequent visit to MSConfig Start-Up shows that the
programme is checked. For some reason my efforts to uncheck are going
unheeded! Oh, and I do "Apply" the change before hitting OK to launch the
restart process.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this little problem?

Regards.

Darran

** vacation ## d