[access-uk] Re: How the blind can use sonar to 'see' like a bat

  • From: Tassie da hiphop kid <tassie@xxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:27:14 +0100

I hate that clicking sound as a blind person. I actually met a blind lad once who clicked so much and all the time he sounded like a rabbit. I hove the new sonar thing in development doesn't need clicking.

On 5/22/13 11:16, Peter Beasley wrote:
That is how we have always done it. When I was very young at boarding
school, One of the mannerisms I and others had was to make clicking
sounds which was discouraged by the staff. Obviously, they didn't
realise that those clicks wer beneficial to totally blind children.
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>