[access-uk] Re: How do you reach the most marginalised in society, often those WITHOUT internet access?

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 15:12:54 +0000

Thanks Jackie and Carol - 2 replies in 1 here!

On 19 December 2015 Carol wrote:

Another thought would be recipes

Yes, still waiting to see if the recipes can be "official", as it
were! Fingers crossed there should be a MUCH wider range available by
the end of January!

I was also thinking of running a fun little "record your own Christmas
short story" thing - ring in, record a few minutes on the
voicemailbox, and then I'll put them out over Christmas week.

I suspect I've left it a bit late for this year ;)

On 19 December 2015 Jackie wrote:
I assume you have thought of local Societies for the Blind?

Thanks Jackie - yes, I've got about 20 directories to go through, many
suggested from other forums, some from google.
There are a selection of the type I have - what would be REALLY useful
is contacts at local radio and television stations.

I'm waiting for Insight to get back to me - apparently there's a
"support fee" to be interviewed, I'm just waiting to see if it's
affordable!

Anyway, these are the types of directories I have.

http://lvif.co.uk/members/
http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/
http://ceoemail.com/uk-charities.php
http://www.housingcare.org/service/search.aspx