[access-uk] How can I remove headers and footers from a scanned document?

  • From: "Lynda Blake" <lynda.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AccessUK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:21:33 -0000

Hi

I've just been trying to edit a document that was created by someone else. I've
scanned it using Scan2text, a program that comes with Thunder, and I have the
document sitting as a Word file in My Documents. However, when I try to edit it
I'm finding the up and down arrows won't let me focus upon the text at all -
unless I keep going into view and deleting the header/footer.
When I first do this I can edit the text quite happily, but then the header
mysteriously reappears again and I have to go back into view and try to get rid
of the damned thing again... It is driving me crazy, so please, is there a way
I can permanently get rid of headers and footers in documents of this kind?

As always any help will be appreciated.
Lynda