[access-uk] “How We Read” Exhibition

  • From: Matthew Rubery <mattrubery2222@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 20:58:07 +0100

This November I’m putting on an exhibition titled “How We Read: A Sensory
History of Books for Blind People” as part of Being Human, the UK’s first
national festival of the humanities (http://beinghumanfestival.org/). This
will be a free exhibition and series of events exploring the history of
assistive reading technologies for blind people. We’ll have on display at
Bloomsbury’s Peltz Gallery Braille books, talking book records, and much
more.

I’d very much like to include recent technology too (for example, screen
readers, refreshable braille displays, magnification devices, or any other
devices from the past 30 years). If you have any items you’d be willing to
loan to the exhibition, would you please email me?

Thanks very much,

Matt

http://www.sed.qmul.ac.uk/staff/ruberym.html