[access-uk] Re: How Do I Fix This?

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:07:58 -0000

Hi Mandy,

As I said, I was having the same problem. George posted some instructions to
solve the issue, but I saw that it did not work for you - actually it didn't
work for me either. However, I did find the reason behind the problem and it
appears that it results from installing Google Chrome or Firefox and then
uninstalling. These browsers modify the registry, but unfortunately when
uninstalled, they don't seem to revert the changes back to the original
state.

How comfortable are you editing the registry? It isn't too difficult, but it
is a very dangerous thing to do if you are not experienced with how the
registry works.

John.