[access-uk] Re: Hopefully, the final instalment of the Norton saga

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:02:05 +0100

Oh dear Mary.  You have me quite worried.  As yet I've had no problems in
the six months or so I have been using Norton 2004.  For what its worth I
use Live Update Express.  I took to using this too when I had Norton 2001 on
my old 98 machine.  That was after I'd had problems similar to those you
describe and ended up reinstallling the whole lot and re-downloading
updates, which on a dial-up took some time!

Now 2001 has ceased to qualify for Anti-virus subscription update I've
installed AVG on the old computer, which my ister now uses.  it all went
flawlessly and seemed pretty intuitive and obvious.  Using window-Eyes it
seemed quite speech friendly too, although some of the labels on the left of
the control centre did not speak propperly, I suspect they could hav ebeen
made to.

Just hope I am not in for the same trouble as others have experienced here.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx