[access-uk] Re: Hopefully, the final installment of the Norton saga

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:17:13 +0100

Mary,
Pleased to hear that your problems seem to be at an end - wish I could say the
same
about my own which have something in common with them.

There is a 66.8 kb file called Product Update - (details "Adds a live command
line so
that Norton WMI update can be downloaded via Live Update".  I have tried
several
times over the last 24 hours - it downloads oK and then the screen freezes,
with all
buttons greyed out, as soon as it starts to install.   I can only get out via
Task Manager.

I just wonder whether this is really an important update anyway, or whether I
could live
without it!  I have just noticed in Add/Remove Programs that the version of the
Live
Update engine is 2.0 - and, very puzzling, it is only used rarely!    Where did
you get
this 2.5 from?  I have always downloaded and installed everything that was
offered to
me.

I have considered things like a System Restore or uninstalling and
re-installing NAV,
but am uncertain where to go from here - or whether to try and forg et it!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  My system is XP SP1 - no Sp2 yet!

douglas

--

Douglas Harrison

** vacation ## d