[access-uk] Re: Here we go then, iPhone questions!

  • From: Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:12:57 +0000

Hi, not sure about your other points but having the keyboard and wifi connected together shouldn't affect your text messages. I have both of mine connected and still receive text mesages. You could try sending yourself a text and see if you receive that both with everything connected, and if that doesn't work, with everything disconnected, but as I say it shouldn't matter.

Peter

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Cairns
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 8:47 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Here we go then, iPhone questions!

All,

Firstly, I have thus far paired my iPhone with the wireless Bluetooth
keyboard, put our WiFi key in, and synchronised the apps I bought for the
iPod Touch onto the iPhone.

But I have noticed I am not receiving any text messages.  Martin has sent me
a few tests which haven't arrived.  He has rung my number, which works, and
I have sent him a text.  So I am wondering what, if anything, I need to do
to check why I am not receiving text messages as they came in on Saturday
evening, but not since.  Presumably it is ok for me to have WiFi and
Bluetooth on?

I don't mind telling you I'm a bit daunted by this, especially as I don't
have my contacts in there.  I tried pairing my N86 with the Mac Mini
yesterday, and found they saw each other, but didn't seem to want to pair.
It asked about security codes, and I've always used 0000 or something
before, but Apple didn't like that and told me the pairing had been
unsuccessful.

My other idea was to send my 90 contacts over by business card, but, as said
already, I am not receiving any messages.

Any ideas guys please?

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability