[access-uk] Re: Help with the cost of Access Technology

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:14:10 +0200

Hi

When I lived in Scotland our local resource centre had a
computer program which sorted out all the different
charities you could apply to for funding, it was called
funder finder. For example, if you had various disabilities,
which you obviously have, it would sort out the charities
under those categories and if you had family in the forces
or in particular employment, it would look there too. I
don't know if you have something like it in England or your
local library but that was a very good way to find out what
charities you could write to for assistance. It was hard
work writing to all the charities on the lists but sometimes
it was worthwhile. Contact the RNIB they may be able to help
you sort out a list of the groups you can write to.

Regards

Adrien

You can get me off list at:
adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

program for the visually impaired, find out more by
downloading the
software from:
http://www.a-technic.net/speakon.htm
e-mail to: