[access-uk] Re: Help with silent 4S iphone

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 10:05:13 +0000

I have experienced this on occasion and in my case Voiceover only started
behaving properly after I connected to iTunes on a Mac or PC and confirmed
voiceover in accessibility settings rather than trying to set it on the phone
itself. Why VO refused to obey settings on the phone but listened to the
commands from iTunes on a PC is anybody guess but it sorted the issue for me.

The other thing that sometimes helps is to check that there is no output coming
through earphones as sometimes Vo zeros out volume on either the speaker or
headphones and vice versa.

If this is the problem it can be resolved  if you can get to a long document
and start Vo reading then turning up the volume during this process .

David griffith
A ;last resort would be a factory reset. .