[access-uk] Re: Help with nokia phone and talks.

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:43:22 -0000

Hi Peter

If your mobile supports Email - and most of the latest sets do - it is feasible. But there are factors to consider. Are you on contract or pay-as-you-go? If the latter, then not all networks support Email, for example, O2 don't.

I have never managed to work out how to set up a Hotmail account, because you need to go on the web to receive Email of course, but it might be feasible now TALKS is working better on mobiles with Internet facilities.

But yes, I have certainly been using my Vodafone pay-as-you-talk number to send and receive Email. It is fairly easy to set it up on the phone, if you know the details you use on your PC. I used it last year when we went away for a couple of days. What kind of amused me was that I got my messages while sitting on a steam train of all things. It was a mixture of the old with the new technology.

Jackie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>