[access-uk] Help with a virus please

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:52:04 -0000

Hi everyone,

I have a trojan that I can't get rid of. For couple of days, every time I start
my computer NOD32 displays the following message

"Event occurred on a new file created by the application:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msn.exe. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close
this window."

And I get a NOD32 virus alert message in my inbox that says

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\hook.dll is infected with Win32/Spy.BZub.NBD
trojan."

Despite running, more than once, with system restore turned off, deep scans
with NOD32 and Ad-Aware, my computer is still infected. Ad-aware is still
showing at least one object "MRU List (x) objects".

I don't know what I can do next now, and why NOD32 can't remove what keeps
creating the file that infected with the Win32 virus when my computer starts,
even though during the deep scan it found about three threats and dealt with
them.

I'd very much appreciate any advice on what I can do next to cure my sick
machine as I'm getting sick of this lurking nasty!

Thanks in anticipation,
Amro