[access-uk] Re: Help with BBC i-player please

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:14:12 -0000

Hi I believe that the iPlayer desktop version is currently not
accessible so it's not possible to download programmes if you are a
screenreader user.

I'm aware that requests for access are going into the next workflow.

Do feedback though. There is now a dedicated email address. The more
people who write, the more people will take notice. If you don't write,
then the techies and managers don't realise the negative impact on the
community or indeed that any blind people are really trying to use the
service so will give it a low priority as there is a lot of work to do
just to keep it on air.

Do try to point out what you love from iPlayer and what you get out of
it as well. Be constructive and positive. Offer to help test if you have
that kind of time free.

accessibilityteam@xxxxxxxxx is the address. Save it. Share it.

Please note this isn't an official BBC communication, it's just me, and
I work in another department. Hope helpful in some way though.

...Damon