[access-uk] Re: Help to Resolve A Problem with Talking Phone Number Box

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:19:34 +0100

Hi Elanor.

I have a fair few cables which i'm willing to send you free of charge to resolve your problem. There are 2 types of RJ11 cable, where 2 cores are connected and where 4 cores are connected. I am afraid i'm a little lost as to which cable is faulty, could you please describe the setup from your phone socket to the various devices you have connected? Then we can proceed.

all the best,

Mo.

On 19/07/2012 17:07, Eleanor Burke wrote:
Hi All
Years ago, I purchased from RNIB an import from Canada, I think of a talking number announcement for incoming land-line numbers. Sorry I cannot be more specific in describing this small battery operated white container. Anyway it worked great until I broke the clip that plugs in to the phone socket or adaptor. The other end is an RJ11 end. On the taling box, there are 2 of these RJ11 sockets. Now I tried to replace my cable today but with no success. I bought what I thought was the identical lead though it did describe itself as an extension lead. It does not work. The telephone numbers are announced OK but the phone only rings once and then the person at the other end can only hear crackling. i tried this myself from my mobile phone and I think it just sounds like as if there is no broadband noise protector. Cannot think of the exact word I want but all I hear is that crackling noise. Anyone got any idea what the exact name of the cable is that I am looking for?