[access-uk] Re: Help please with the Pages and Numbers apps for the MacBook

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:40:46 +0100

Hi Andy,

I can't comment on Pages and Numbers as I haven't used them but as for
tables on the internet, VO does work with them.  I sometimes find some
problems when in tables but this could be my misunderstanding and I've
always found ways round them.  I find it slightly frustrating too
that, as far as I know so far and I might be wrong because I haven't
looked into it much, it doesn't seem possible to customise how VO
reads tables.  What I mean is I make quite heavy use of JAWS's ability
to read certain headings within tables within certain websites.  THis
is because I use a lot of sites which contain statistics and I don't
want stuff I know to be constantly repeated.  Well I suppose that's
quite a n advanced feature but anyway yes, I would say VO works well
with tables on the web.

Catherine

--
Twitter:  CTurner1980