[access-uk] Re: Help needed please

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:23:11 +0100

Definitely uninstall that smart bridge.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wendy Mitchell
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 11:07 AM
  Subject: [access-uk] Help needed please

  Hi,

  Please can someone help.

  over the weekend my daughterinstalled the new BT home hub for me which has
installed all kinds of stuff from yahoo as well.  I've uninstalled yahoo
messenger but i'm scared of taking too much off in case i make more problems.

   When I restart my computer I have the following message come up.

  SmartBridge Alerts: BTHelpNotifier.exe - Entry Point Not Found

  The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in
the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

  OK

  i'm using windos XP home and the latest jaws.

  The lapstops are connecting fine.

  Also, when i go onto webpages i get that awful booming sound and it says the
windows cannnot find the page i've opened even though the page has opened in
front of me.

  i've set firefox as my btowser but even when i go to internet exploerer the
home pages opened without the booming noise but anything in my favourites does
as i've stated above.

  I've just spent a very frustrating half an hour trying to sort it with BT
with a woman who thingks i haven't got any internet and who i had terrible
trouble trying to understand, i don't think either of us understood each other
because she thought i didn't have any internet which i have even though i
explained about my message at startup and becuase i said that windows couldnt
find my pages and i'd told her i had the page in front of me, all i wanted to
know was how to stop the booming message and why its saying windows cannot find
the page even though it was in front of me..

  If anyone can help me i'd be much appreciated.

  From Wendy Mitchell.