[access-uk] Re: Hearing aids stuff

  • From: "Ray Hazan" <raymond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 14:45:16 -0000

Hi Andrew,

I have national health, behind the ear,  digital aids and they are very
good.  Batteries last 2 and a half weeks; I have only ever got one week
before.

To answer your question, yes, they do have several programmes, including a T
position for loop and telephone.  The other 2 programmes are for normal
every day use and another, not all that efficient, that is meant to cut down
background sounds in a noisy room, for instance.

A comment to other users, is that the ear piece itself is made of silicon,
or some rubbery substance, with no air hole.  I have had them nearly a year
now and have not experienced any ear infection, which I used to get with
other types.

So a pat on the back for the NHS for once!

Best wishes,

Ray