[access-uk] Re: Hearing aids stuff

  • From: "Terry Clasper" <Terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:28:37 -0000

Hi.
I use a great system from Fonak whereby the phone bluetooths to a small
"smartlink" device, which then transmits the phone signal which it receives
via bluetooth via FM to my hearing aids.
It means I can speak through the smartlink which I ware around my neck ,
thus have handsfree access, and even better hear the output of the phone in
both hearing aids clearly without having to put up with the hearing aids
feeding back due to the echoback from the phone output.
If you would like more information and perhaps for me to talk about this in
more detail then perhaps it would be more appropriate to write to me
off-list at
terry.clasper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Briefly on the subject of the headphone with hearing aids thread, having for
years and years worked with headphones placed on top of hearing aids whilst
recording audio, working mixing desks, putting up with feedback and the
obvious discomfort of the pressure of the headphone pushing the earmold
through your brain, I now take the sound from the device I want to listen to
via a lead which on one end has a 3.5 jack and the other two plugs which
connect directly to the audio input of my hearing aidds. I can listen to
good quality sound very comfortably, and of course if I'm in a situation
where for example someone is watching the television and I don't want to
hear that only the thing I am listening too can turn the microphones off on
my hearing aids.

Again sorry for the detailed and potentially off-topic nature of this and
again I'm very happy to talk more about this stuff either on or off list
which ever people consider most appropriate.

Very best regards.

Terry Clasper.