[access-uk] Re: Headsup: bogus and dangerous emails purporting to be from 'her majesty's corporate tribunal service'

  • From: Austin Pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 06:06:18 +0530

yes Shaun you are right sometimes even opening such messages is enough
to do the damage no need to open attachments.
what is happening is this people put a url to an image or symply a url
to a blank frame in the message header which most of the time is not
shown to us as you open the message the image is pulled down from the
server in the process letting them know that you red this email and
that your email id is a valid existing id and then they can sell it to
spammers so if you use a email program set it to show text only or if
you use browser then dont open such mails

austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.