[access-uk] Re: Has anyone else had problems obtaining a Braille copy of a manual for an Indesit product?

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:37:09 +0100

Hi Alexander,

Regardless of what the washing machine or tumble drier
manufacturer may say, it is entirely possible that someone
may have asked the likes of the RNIB's Rapid Transcription
Service in Tarporley to produce a braille or tape manual.

These guys in Tarporley work extremely hard to produce many
manuals and such like, and all too often on a one off basis.
I'm sure they would be delighted if someone asked for a copy
of something they had already done.

I don't have a phone number to hand, but I'm sure a call to
RNIB's main number will give you the Tarporley number.

George.