[access-uk] Hard Drive Error

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 11:53:32 +0100

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem here. Last night my external 1TB Western
Digital drive was working as normal, but when I booted my machine this
morning the hard drive is not recognized by Windows. I just get a
message saying the device has malfunctioned and that Windows does not
recognize it. I have tried connecting it to my netbook, with the exact
same result. The hard drive is spinning up fine, and seems to be
opparating physically as normal. Any ideas, is my hard drive, to put
it bluntly, dead? Both machines were running XP Pro SP3.

--
James Scholes
http://www.jls-radio.com