[access-uk] Re: Handwriting with iOS 7

  • From: Brendan Roache <brndn.rch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 13:50:51 +0000

I guess it is similar to a single quote but placed at the end of the character.
It has a loop to the left. Will be interested in hearing how others describe it.
                From: "Richard King"
                To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                Yes, this is a feature from I O S 7 that can be quite fun to
use. I
                opened my phone app, selected the keypad tab and dialled a
number
                using this function! Awesome!

                On 10/11/13, Jackie Brown wrote:
                > In the event people haven't tried this out, it is worth a
go.

                > Go to Settings, General, Accessibility, VoiceOver, Rotor,
and select
                > Handwriting.
                >
                > Now go to an app such as Notes, and pull up the rotor in
an edit field with
                > the pinch gesture of the thumb and index finger. When you
find Handwriting
                > on it, you can now start using your finger to create
capital and lower case
                > letters, numbers and punctuation. To change case, swipe up
with three
                > fingers. To insert a space, swipe right with two fingers.
To delete,
                > swipe
                > left with two fingers. If you know how to write, it really
is quite
                > clever.
                >
                > If you go to the home screen, pull up Handwriting from the
rotor, and use
                > your finger to create the first letter of an app you want
to find. It will
                > bring up all the apps beginning with that letter, but you
can narrow this
                > down by adding a second letter of the app you want.
                >
                > Those who use this will already be familiar with it, but
in the event you
                > didn't know, it is worth playing with as it works well
with VoiceOver.

                > Enjoy.
                >
                > Kind regards,
                >
                > Jackie Brown