[access-uk] HELP WITH A HEAD SET FOR WORK

  • From: "Martin" <mjonestraining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:03:39 +0100

Hi all

Can someone help please.  I am volunteering for an organisation which involves
taking calls, like a call centre.  As I use a screen reader, I need a headset
which can plug into the computer, to listen to the screen reader, and also into
the phone, so I can hear clients.  However, the computer is a 3.5 mm jack plug
and the phone is I think, an RJ32 connector.  Does anyone know where I can get
such a headset.  I emailed RNIB to ask what they use in their call centres, but
they said they use a special connector, which are no longer available.  There
must be a headset which does the job, without having to hack two different
headset together, one headset for each plug, but I can not find one.  If any of
you knowledgeable folk out there can help, it would mean I can begin getting
back to work.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.