[access-uk] HD partition on an Acer Aspire 5920

  • From: "Phil Stephenson" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:31:37 +0100

I,

I have an Acer Aspire 5920 laptop running Vista Home premium and Jaws 10.

When I bought it just over a year ago it said it had a 160gb hard drive, it
wasn't until I got it home that I realised this was split into 2 drives,
"Acer c" and "Data d".

Over the past day I have been getting "not enough memory" messages when I
switch on and try and do things and after a while jaws stops working -
presumably as it thinks it doesn't have enough memory to run it and other
applications.

Anyway I've done some cleaning up tonight, taken off some progs I don't need
etc etc and the "Acer c" drive says it's got 7gb free.

I have looked at the "Data D" drive which has over 60gb free.

I'm wondering what else I can do to clear up more memory?

Is there a way of changing default settings so downloaded music, files etc
are saved on the "data" and not C drive - only issue being my user profile
wants to save things on the "Acer c£ drive.

Do I need to consider reformatting the hd to remove the partition
altogether?

is this something others have come across with this type of laptop?

All suggestions welcome...within reason!

Cheers,

Phil
around