[access-uk] Re: Guide Software

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:23:51 +0100

I am using VMware.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail and Facebook: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Klango: chrishallsworth
If you have any computer problems or queries, please contact me on the above channels.

On 16/08/2010 10:18, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Chris.

Sorry to take this a little OT, but what VM client are you using?

All the best, Ibrahim.
----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth"
<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:03:31 +0100

Hi Barry,
I am sorry to hear of that.
Luckily I know how to use virtual machines. So I will install Guide onto
my virtual machines. Then that way I can use it without affecting my
host.
For those who do not know, a virtual machine is a computer generated
from specialized software. Think of it as a computer running on top of
another.

On 15/08/2010 21:56, LaMcAs wrote:
Chris

I wouldn't bother with Guide as you only get a 30 day demo and time and
time
people need to contact Guide TS for support issues as there isn't a lot
that
can go wrong. You can only run Guide or Windows applications not both.

I have a couple of people using Guide and the only way I can check
their pc
is to close Guide and then there is no speech. Guide is good for those
people who just want simple pc stuff like email, word processing and
internet, pod casts and radio. It is a good one for all package as
usually
everything a vi person would want to do for basic stuff is there.

Exceptions include for example to be able to use the scanning part of
Guide
the scanner has to be installed in Windows and then the user would need
sighted help as there is no speech nor magnification.

For the likes of most people on this list Guide really is not the
answer as
it is a "basic system" which runs on its own.

HTH

Larry& Elliot GD (Guide Dog)