[access-uk] Grubhub

  • From: <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:46:34 -0500

Hello,

I realize that this is a UK list and that the website that I'm referring to
is from the and only accessible in the USA. However, this is an access issue
and so I hope that moderator will forgive me posting this even on a UK list.
If considered inappropriate, feel free to let me know and also I am very
welcome for people to respond to me off list if needed.

Grub hub is a website via which consumers can order food from various
restaurants and have ti delivered to their door. Baisically, this is
American version of hungry house or just eat in the UK.

I realize that in order to test this feature one has to be loged in in to a
grubhub account and therefore  if creating one for test purposes be able to
input an American addresse.

The problem: in order to access certain parts of the wbeiste related to
client account such as previous orders ETC., a client needs to click on
"your grubhub link. Neither jaws or NVDA using IE 11 and the latest version
of firefox can not see this link. The link does exists and visually it is in
the upper right hand corner. I would like to know from someone if possible,
technically why does this happen, what type of link is this, why is it
impossible for a screenreaders, or at least the two that I have stated above
to see this link. What is there in the HTML code that is preventing
screenreaders to see it and how it can be fixed? If anyone can provide me
with such information I would really appreciate it.

Not that I have not yet tested this with windoweyes, so if anyone is willing
to do so again I would appreciate it. I will very likely have a chance to
test it with wineyes very soon, but in a mean while if someone already has
such an opportunity, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.