[access-uk] Re: Goodman's Smart Talk Freeview box and BBC red button.

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:35:32 +0100

I think the reason they are not available on Freeview is simply a lack of bandwidth. It is lack of bandwidth which causes radio channels to disappear in Scotland when the BBC Gaelic channel comes on in the evening.

Iain
-----Original Message----- From: John Gregory
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:35 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Goodman's Smart Talk Freeview box and BBC red button.

Hi,

As Pele said, the only available option is 301. For some reason BBC has
released 24 channels on the Red Button, but these can only be accessed on
Sky, Virgin and Freesat. They are for some unknown reason not available on
Freeview.

John.