[access-uk] Re: Good money management software recommendations?

  • From: Deon van Wyk <deonv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:31:40 +0100

Hi, have a look at Cash Manager.  From their site:

"

Accounting Software for the Vision Impaired

About Us

Our Story

<http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/resources/introduction-by-grant-hewson.html>Click here to read more about CashManager.

<http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/1.Introduction%20by%20Rob.mp3>Click here to listen to the same article. (MP3 file)

What our Customer's Say?

Corner Enterprises >> <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/terrystory.doc>Click here to read Terry's Story

MJ Marketing >> <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/Michael%20Pantelidis%20Story.doc>Click here to read Michael's Story

Recent Audits

Accomplish CashManager has been reviewed by various impaired vision organisations. We are continuing to work with our developers and testers to make enhancements to make it even more user friendly for blind users.

<http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/Cash%20Manager%20Summary%20of%20Audit%20February%202010.pdf>Vision Australia (Feb 2010) (PDF)
View the software audit report on Accomplish CashManager by Vision Australia.

<http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/audit%20report%20from%20rnzfb%20dec%2008.pdf>Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind (Nov 2008) (PDF) View the software audit report on Accomplish CashManager by the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind.

Recent Interviews & Media Articles

TVNZ ? an Accomplish was featured on TV1's NZI Business programme on 6th April 2009. The article talked about CashManager software for the blind community and features blind entrepreneur Terry Bartlett. <http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/software-revolutionises-bookkeeping-blind-2619875/video>Click here to access the article for TVNZ.

Radio 1 in 5 ? Accomplish was featured on Radio NZ's 1 in 5 Programme with Mike Gourley on August 2nd. Grant Hewson, Raewyn Whisker and blind businessman Terry Bartlett are interviewed about CashManager use with screen reading technology programme. <http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/national/oif/2009/08/one_in_five_for_sunday_2_august_2009>Click here to access the article for Radio 1 in 5

Insight Radio Interview - <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/CM.mp3>Click here to listen to - <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/CM.mp3>Insight Radio Interviewing Accomplish in May 2010

Freedom Scientific Podcasts for the month of June: <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/fscast043-june2010.mp3>Click here to listen to the podcast which shows how Accomplish has gone the extra mile to make it accessible with JAWS® screen reading software.

ABC Radio Interview - <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/images/GrantHewsonAndPennyGardnerOnMainMenu.mp3>Click here to listen to the radio interview on "Main Menu" radio programme.

Media Articles

Seeing the Light: Accounting for the Blind ? Terry Bartlett from a small town on New Zealand's south island is an unusual business owner. Bartlett is blind, but rather than letting his disability pitch him into the common scenario of being either unemployed. <http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/resources/seeing-the-light-accounting-for-the-blind.html>continue reading more about the article>>

Round Table Conference - Accomplish was part of the round table conference held in Auckland on 23rd and 24th of May 2010. Vision Australia Radio with Julie Rae and John Simpson to talk about the conference, and the issues faced by print-disabled people and service organisations. You can download the interview as part of <http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=roundtable2010.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.visionaustralia.org.au%2Fdocs%2FTalking%2520Vision%2520011%2520Weekof%252014%2520Jun%25202010%2520Week25.mp3&sref=http%3A%2F%2Froundtable2010.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F06%2F16%2Fthanks-everyone%2F>Talking Vision for 14 June 2010 (mp3, 10MB).

<http://nz.accomplishglobal.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=386&lang=en>Click here to Download Free Trial - The trial version does not have a time/days limit but can only be used for upto 200 transactions.
Kind regards

Deon

At 10:28 31/08/2010, you wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone of you that need to keep financial records on a daily basis could please possibly help with this.

From tomorrow, I'll be required to keep meticulous records or all incoming and outgoing expenses. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, accessible money management program that works with screen readers? I don't require it to be able to connect to online banking, although that's a bonus. If it is able to show charts of expenditures vs. income, that'd be great also.

I'm not restricted on price at the moment, but I do need something that'll do the job. I may also need to be able to output reports for monthly data, etc.

I'm using Windows 7 as my operating system and Supernova as my screen reader and magnifier.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.