[access-uk] Re: Good, clean search engine - I like it!

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:39:27 +0000

Quite interesting, though as even Microsoft with Bing know it is hard to move
people from the de facto search engine of the day (in this case Google).  At
some stage Blekko will have to monetise their resource go justify continued
investment and at some stage that means ads.  Indeed Google is not so much a
search company but an advertising company really for whom search is a user
resource that helps generate revenue for Google.  It is one hell of a squeeze
between Google who have (at least in the UK) about 90 percent of the market and
Microsoft Bing.  Still if Blekko can get one or two percent there still could
be some good business in it.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road