[access-uk] GoldWave V5.67 - start and finish markers.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pc-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxx, bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, goldwave4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chris2010@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 21:46:39 +0100

Greetings,

I am using a fully licensed version of GoldWave V5.67, WindoesXP with all
updates, my access software (for the benefit of the GW author to whom I am
copying this) is Jaws V10 on my laptop and V11 on my desktop.

Apart from one slight niggle, to date, I have found no problems with this
GoldWave release.

The niggle I have is as follows:

In all previous versions (certainly since V5.12 which was the first I used
with any real success) whenever I have used f7 to stop a file, then placed
my start- or finish-markers, it has been almost perfectly accurate.  I note,
however, in this version, stopping the file by the usual f7 pause, then
pressing left- or right-square bracket to mark, the markers are not being
placed at exactly the same point - often, about a quarter or slightly more
second of unwanted sound is present.  As with previous versions, I have the
edit box (can't remember name of control) past the wind controls in play
properties, set to 0.150 which suits me well.

I wonder, is there any reason why ctrl-f7 and f7 are used separately for
record-pause and play-pause?  I've a mind to assign both to f7 thus freeing
up ctrl-f7 for another function.  I don't want to do this, if there is a
good reason for having two controls doing what seems on the surface to be
exactly the same thing.

Also, when saving the keyboard, it would be helpful if GW announced the
location into which it is saved and there seems to be no way in which it is
possible to load a keyboard from a location apart from the default one GW
uses to save.  Please can this be sorted?

Cheers.

Colin Howard, living near Southampton in Southern
England.