[access-uk] Re: Gold wave help

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barbara Wilson <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 13:45:54 +0000

Hi Barbara,

GoldWave is shareware. You can use it for free, but there are certain
limitations, such as the manual popping up every time you open the programs,
and only a certain number of opperations allowed before you must restart the
application. I believe a license costs $19, and once you've bought it the
limitations are removed. The payment rests between needing payment for
production and wanting donations I think. For example Winamp Pro costs money,
but the developers don't care if people use pirated copies of it because they
only want money from those who actually want to contribute to the project.
Where as something like Sound Forge, money is necessary for development, and it
is a commircial, premium product. GoldWave lies in between those 2 I suppose as
far as payment goes.

James Scholes
http://www.jls-radio.com

Message sent at 01:42:05 PM GMT on Monday, February 02, 2009