[access-uk] Re: Gmail questions

  • From: "Emma Wright" <emmajane9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:59:56 +0000

Catherine,
I also use Gmail, but with ZoomText.  I've found it a lot more accessible
than other email providers, e.g. hotmail, but it does still have its
problems.  The other thing to add is that in theory you can check your Gmail
from a mobile phone using gmail mobile, but that doesn't work with the Talks
mobile screenreader - or not that I've found.

Emma

On 06/12/06, Graham Page <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Catherine.  You can use Gmail with Outlook.  Someone with a gmail
> account
> does have to invite you to join.  Email me if you want and I can send an
> invite.
>
> I don't think the web interface is that accessible at all though you can
> get
> round it with a little difficulty.  Out of 5 I would give it 2.5
>
> When viewing pages you can choose Standard or HTML view.
>
> HTML view is usable but one big drawback is that you need to go to
> Standard
> view for settings.  The settings link is quite non-standard in that it is
> not a link you can click on though you can get the JAWS cursor to the word
> and use the left mouse key to click the word.
>
> If you try to tab to the settings button in HTML mode it is available but
> when you press enter you get a message saying you need to be in Standard
> View to change them.
>
> Regards
>
> Graham

Emma Jane Wright