[access-uk] Re: Get_iplayer and Sam Cooke, again, I'm afraid

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 22:30:52 -0000

Now then. Please try the below line

get_iplayer --type=radio --get "Sam Cook" --modes=wma --aactomp3 --mp3vbr=0

By my reckoning, this is the way to go because of some issues with this program. If I’m not mistaken GIplayer will convert the program to MP3 formats once downloaded. It will take longer time to download this program so be patient.

Hope this works.

Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Keith
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:11 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Get_iplayer and Sam Cooke, again, I'm afraid

Good afternoon Amro,

I would prefer the MP3 version if at all possible, please.

The line I am using is as follows:

get_iplayer --type=radio --get "The Shooting of Sam Cooke" --aactomp3 --mp3vbr=0

I have tried leaving off the first word, and also tried simply using Sam Cooke, but have failed on all occasions.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

With very best wishes,

Keith
From: Keith - Email Address: k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx Sent On: 17/12/2014 15:56 Sent To: Access UK to write message - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Get_iplayer and Sam Cooke, again, I'm afraid

Hello all,

I'm sorry to have to say that I am having difficulties downloading the second programme about Sam Cooke, which was broadcast on R2 last night at 10:00.

The programme title was "The shooting of Sam cook".

No matter how I input this title into get_iplayer, it will not get the programme for me.

Could I please ask if anyone has had success, could they either send me a link to Dropbox, Send Space, or whatever?

It's most annoying, because I have absolutely no problems with 4 Extra programmes.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Keith
+?jwl