[access-uk] Re: Genuin Windows Validation continued.

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:32:55 +0000

hi list
andy this is very sad but i personally would never purchase a secon hand
computer now as if you look at the computer mags from tnauk the price of new
computers has droped to such a digree now it is really amazing. i do see though
that the advantage for a blind person is that the computer should be up and
running with screen reader software on it.
i have not followed this thread from the start but is'nt there a phone number
you can ring from disability now or whatever and a volunteer will come out to
help you. hope you get it sorted out though there is nothing worse than this
happening to you. i am very lucky to be in employment piano tuning so i can
afford new things rather than second hand. i do know that steve nutt and terry
clasper offer a remote service but you do need your screen reader on your
machine for it to work i think.
hth.