[access-uk] Re: GPS

  • From: Aman Singer <aman.singer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 17:25:03 -0400

Hi David and all,
You mention, david, that:

where the Breeze comes into its own is its long battery life

I should mention that, these days, battery life isn't a significant
limitation on the iDevices and anything else that charges over USB.
External batteries are very easy to get, they are fairly cheap, and
they come in all capacities, from tiny to huge. Honestly, I wouldn't
use too many GPS apps without an external pack, those apps all devour
battery life, but with an external battery which can multiply the
iPhone battery life by five or ten, it doesn't so much matter as long
as you don't mind carrying the battery.
Aman

On 8/29/15, David Quarmby <david.quarmby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sean,
where the Breeze comes into its own is its long battery life and now that it

can connect and hold the signal better than it did before, it's still ideal

when you are wanting to use it for long periods of time and where the
surroundings are unfamiliar.
The key thing is whether it's worth the price and that will always come down

to individual preferences.
I've upgraded mine and will still use it when I go away on holiday or
strange places where I want that type of feedback but for everyday use, I
find the apps on the smart phone sufficient for my needs when I need to.
If I could make the decision again, I would probably stick to using the apps

on my phone.

regards
David Quarmby
quarmby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07736 087019
Registered Charity Number 1160580
KVIN, Edith Key Centre, 8 Upperhead Row, Huddersfield HD1 2JN
Directions: turn immediatley right after leaving the bus station main
entrance, we are located at the fourth door on the right,access is through
an automatic door into reception.
www.kvin.org.uk
www.tail.org.uk