[access-uk] Re: GPS

  • From: "Janet Bell" <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:51:49 +0100

if the bluetooth is inside your baseball cap how do you hear it?

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Nutt
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:46 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: GPS

Hi John,

There are Bluetooth headsets inside a baseball cap,
http://www.maxvirtual.com.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close

From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahimGucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 29 July 2014 11.54 am

Hi John.

I use GPS on my iPhone daily.  I have a Bluetooth earpiece which is very
small, quite loud and discrete which sits behind my ear so it does not get

in my way at all, in fact its so comfortable that I sometimes forget I'm
wearing it until I knock the earpiece with my hand.  I have an otterbox
defender case for my iPhone which clips on to a belt holder attachment,
this
secures the case to my belt pouch so I've always got quick access to my
iPhone at belt level.  I have tried the wrist band from BEM, its OK but
not
for me.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: john gallagher
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11.39 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi jackie how very very well writen that was and so correct. as a power
gps
user you have really hit the nail on the head with what you have just
said.

i am very lucky i have the sendero gps on my braille device but for me the

gps on android is not yet an option for me. if only they could solve the
heavy battery drain in the navigator i would use it more. the tellorion
gps
has to come a very long way yet to catch up with the sendero product but
again remember sendero have been doing gps for the blind for years and
again
or streets ahead of anything else. shame you have not got an external gps
receiver to use with the iphone i think this would cut down on the battery

life. again though with a phone you should always carry the charger with
you
and again you only have too hands for all this stuff. not tried the wrist
band yet and wondered if it was worth using the only thing i can see is
safety with your phone in a top pocket it is not in your hand. that was
great though. thanks. for the info.