[access-uk] Re: GOOGLEMAIL TELEPHONE SUPPORT I thought everyone could change their address if they wished but I don't see

  • From: carol pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:22:51 +0000

That's the Help I don't understand.  What am I supposed to do?  I don't see
that "Switch to Googlemail" option.

carol P

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Jan 2012, at 05:34 PM, Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carol,

You can, of course, give anyone either @gmail or @googlemail - they
will always come to the same address, even if you've not changed it.
To change it so the sending comes from @gmail, follow
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=159001 which
says

"If you're in the UK and would like to change your @googlemail.com
address to @gmail.com, just click "switch to @gmail.com" in the
"Accounts" tab under Gmail Settings (this link will only show up if
you're eligible to change your address)." The link to do this is
https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/accounts

As far as deleting email in the inbox, yes, it's not very good that
they won't allow "select all" in basic html, but that's more a
limitation of html.

I've never ever deleted and email; your gmail account is so vast
you'll almost certainly never run out of space.
I know it's not a perfect solution, but try using filters, labels and
archiving to keep the inbox tidy:
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6579

You might have to setup filters with a friend in default view, as the
filter setup in basic html view is a bit limited.
It's a shame, I know.