[access-uk] Re: Fwd: Amazon posts Kindle for Mac • Register Hardware

  • From: william lomas <lomaswilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:53:10 +0000

I think the read aloud feature needs to be enaled via the publisher so yet
again the blind are disadvantaged to access to information but what's new as
far as book reading is concerned? lol, even audiobooks are abrdiged, as sighted
people like abridged titles to if driving or otherwise engaged, yet they can
pick up a print book for 3 pounds or similar prices yet we have to pay 12 or
more just for 3 hours of a shortened book

On 19 Mar 2010, at 13:44, Tristram Llewellyn wrote:

> Is it still not the case that some book titles are blocked from reading aloud
> due to issues with infringing on market for audio books.  Also the Kindle DX
> is not exactly the cheap option, the standard Kindle can do the same as the
> DX.
>
> Regards.
>
> Tristram Llewellyn
> Sight and Sound Technology
> Technical Support
> www.sightandsound.co.uk
>
> Mail:
> Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> General – info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Phone:
> Support line: 0845 634 7979
>
> Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
> Wales, with company number 1408275.
>
> Sight and Sound Technology
> Welton House North Wing
> Summerhouse Road