[access-uk] Re: Fw: wireless Adapters

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:42:30 -0000

I'd just use a generic one for a laptop to be honest.

Unless your going to be doing some serious security or routing that a generic adaptor wont' handle which I can't think of what that might be hehehe.

I've a connect2air adaptor in my Fujitsu laptop and my mothers a broadcon in her Acer Laptop and we've both machiens connected nicely to a Lynksys router. technology has moved on greatly in terms of compatibility conflicts in this area over the past 2 or so years. My adaptors mentioned are 1 built onto the board and one is a PCI laptop card adaptor. USB is merely the interface.
If you get a decent price on the Netgear take it but I dont' know what he advantage would be of it over a standard and by standard I mean no name adaptor.

Here's a link with a list of models to look at.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=369

It's US based but it'll give you names to look at if you wish.
Barry Toner
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Hazan" <raymond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>