[access-uk] Re: Fw: mp3req informational: trojan horse warning

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:07:44 -0000

Hi Mandy.

It depends whether you are using a cracked copy or not.  if you are then I
confirm that I have come across users with similar problems but with a cracked
version of JAWS version 8.
no I am not going to say who.  they've had enough of a headache with this one
but it does go to show that using cracked software is a risky business.

What is worrying about this is that virus scanners such as Nod, Mcafee   and
AVG all failed to have stopped this dodgy version of JAWS running .  The
version I saw in action was a cracked version of JAWS 8 which kicked in
straight away and only seems to have affected Windows XP Pro machines but the
other symptoms look pretty similar.

In summary then of course using cracked software is illegal, that is pretty
much self-evident but as these problems demonstrate it can be dangerous.  After
all, you don't know who wrote the crack in the first place and why.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493