[access-uk] Re: Fw: [dolphinusers] What software??

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:56:37 +0100

On Peter's "only IE6" comment, it could be that Dolphin are aware of
all the problem HAL/Supernova users have had with IE7.  I suppose the
more IT savvy might upgrade to IE7 if they can hack the problems with
it.  That, however, would go against what seems to be the rationale
for this RNIB Home Access PC:  Accessible computers for the Vi masses.
(By the way, Dolphin users, don't get taking that comment personally!
I know from eves dropping on the Dolphin list there's a strong "MY
screen reader right or wrong" sentiment there.)

AS for Vista, who would go for that just now?

Anyway, interesting we've another player in this field, along with
System Access, Guide, and the rest.  I'll be watching as to how things
shape up in this more cost-effective sector of the market.
From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hello everyone,
>
> For those of you interested in the new computer system available
from RNIB
> which has Mercury software installed, here is the information posted
by
> Neil Hall of Dolphin Computer Access.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Clive Pallett

This
>> gives you the following options
>>
>> 1. Mercury Control Panel
>>
>> 2. Microsoft Word Processor
>>
>> 3. Microsoft Outlook Email
>>
>> 4. Instant Messenger
>>
>> 5. Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>
>> 6. PDF Document Reader
>>
>> 7. Notepad
>>
>> 8. Scanner
>>
>> 9. Music and Video Player
>>
>> 0. More
>>
>> Key Features
>>
>> When you switch on your RNIB Home Access Desktop or install your
>> Sightsavers Dolphin Pen the Mercury Application Menu will appear.
This
>> gives you the following options
>>
>> Magnification
>>
>> Text and images are smooth and clear up to 28 times enlargement.
>>
>> Control of colour, contrast and brightness.
>>
>> Smooth scrolling for browsing long documents.
>>
>> Choice of screen magnification styles: full screen; static window,
>> moving window and moving window with autofocus.
>>
>> Set up the screen exactly according to your requirements or swap.
>> Speech
>>
>> Easy browsing of Internet web pages and other applications.
>>
>> Mercury also scrolls the screen in Word, NotePad and Internet
Explorer,