[access-uk] Re: Fw: Re: holux m1000

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:46:46 +0100

Roger - this is just the GPS receiver that locks on to the satellites, no use
on it's own, your friend would still need a programme such as the Way Finder
Access software, designed for blind users, and costing £259, in addition to the
50 quid for that particular receiver Steve mentioned; though there are lots of
receivers on the market, some cheaper, some costing more. This then all works
with a mobile phone, so one of those is needed, plus the TALKS software to make
it talk.

If your friend has non of this already, then the phone plus TALKS and then the
Navigating extras will prove quite expensive, though expense is all relative,
but don't get me on the topic of relatives, not at this late hour <smile> -

Andy