[access-uk] Fw: Re: Outlook Express 6 With Windows 7: My Thoughts

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:47:07 +0100

(Sorry that last mail of mine should have read:)
Hi Carol,

Well that's interesting to know others experiences.

It's a 32 bit machine I'm using too.

Where do your deleted mails go to for example in OE?

Another thing is that when I would start to write say'Martin' for an email address that I have for that person Marie would show and when I continue to m a r t i n (together of course) I would get something like marietin!!

Sometimes I would have to be very quick in typing to avoid that scenario.

I will have it checked out by a professional hopefully tomorrow and can report back.

BTW, it's the OE 6 from runasxp that I have installed.

As I say it's not drastic working with it but it sure could do with improving.

Best,

Tony
----- Original Message ----- From: <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Tony Sweeney <tonymsweeney@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Date: Monday, 9 June 2014 9.41 am
Subject: [access-uk] Outlook Express 6 With Windows 7: My Thoughts

Hi folk,

Not wishing to be any kind of 'kill joy' my experience of OE with Win 7 is
not great.

Okay well it works well enough to a fashion butt is often enough flaky
enough.

For example I find that when I delete the deleted item is no where in OE and typing in email adress to post a mail is iffy enough at times with that auto
complete feature not always behaving as it should.

Anyway just my penny's worth.

I do intend hanging on to it for a while more though as setting it up in the
first place wasn't easy.

Best,

Tony Sweeney
----- Original Message ----- From: his Aedan O'Meara" <aedanomeara@xxxxxxxxx>